Scroll to bottom of the page to join the Facebook groups
Feedback time! Speak now or don’t even bother complaining later!
WH40k League Season 6 Rules
1. This is meant to be a FUN and CASUAL league. There will be newbies, neckbeards, and everything in between. Keep that in mind while playing your games in a FAMILY store.
2. Anyone caught intentionally cheating will be removed from the league.
3. Arguments over rules will not be tolerated. If there is a rules dispute, consult the book, another 40k player, or have a roll off. If an argument begins to disrupt the store, players will be asked to leave, and may even be removed from the league.
4. Players will choose a single partner for the duration of league. These two people will be considered a single team for the purposes of scoring and playing games. Being a casual league, I hugely prefer people who know the game well teaming with a newer player. Both team members will be playing together in all games for the league. Choose someone whose schedule works with yours. If you come in as a power gaming duo to beat up on the newbies, I will remove your team from the league.
5. Army lists will be in some visible format. This can be paper or electronic. Combined Arms Detatchment format will be mandatory (skitarii are the exception, they can use the Skitarii Maniple detachment), no Lords of War. No more than one detatchment. No formations. No forge world. No D weapons. Any rolls that result in giving D powers (psykers or warlord traits), reroll. No invisibility psychic power, if you roll it, reroll. Partners will be considered allies of convenience no matter which armies they field.
6. League will be run April, May, and June. April lists will have a max of 500 points per player, May 750, and June 1000. April lists will have no vehicles over armor 12, and no creatures over toughness 6. Fliers will be unavailable until May and June games, and no more than one per team.
7. There will be up to 4 league games per team per month. The game must count as a league game for both teams. The best two games will count toward team league score, while any others are “throw aways.” There will be no make up games after each month is over.
8. No more than 2 games per month will be played against the same opponents. Lets diversify our opponent range!
9. Players will stick with their chosen army for the duration of league, but what is included in each list may differ from game to game.
10. Players must use appropriate models for gaming (no pop cans or dice proxies). However, weapons can differ from what is on the model so long as all changes are made clear prior to the start of any game.
11. Maelstrom missions will be used for all league games, and a die roll will determine which mission to be played for each game. Scoring for league will be based on a 20 point system (between both teams). A player who wins on victory points will get 15 points for league standings while the loser will gain 5 points. If both teams tie, they will each earn 10 points. The secondary objectives of Slay the Warlord, Linebreaker, and First blood will all be worth 1 point toward league standings. For instance, a winning team who accomplished all three secondary objectives will gain 18 points toward league. A losing team who still managed to achieve all three secondary objectives would gain 8 points.
12. Painted models are NOT required for league, however, bonus points toward league standings will be awarded for painted models. The requirements for these additional points changes from month to month. The first month is one fully painted unit per player on the team (three color minimum, table top ready paint job). The second month is two painted units per player, and the third month is three painted units per player. These painted units must be used in the game for them to count. No more than 1 unit per player can be a single character, the others must be multi-troop units or vehicles. For each game that the painting bonus requirement is met, two additional points will be added to the team’s score for league (so 6 games can net an additional 12 points toward winning league if painting requirements are met).
13. Rules listed may be incomplete or in need of change. I reserve the right to change the rules at any time in order to make sure league is fair and fun for all.
Any prizes that I may be able to get will not be available until June, so IF I decide to throw in prizes, they will be announced later. I am also considering a throw down match after league between top two teams and a wild card team as a free for all.